RUGBY EUROPE – REGIONAL TRAINING MANAGER
Rugby Europe is the regional governing body affiliated to World Rugby responsible for the promotion, development, administration and management of international competitions for the 47 member unions across Europe. The association organizes over 80 international games and 20 rugby tournaments each year, among which Men’s fifteen-a-side European Championships (Championship, Trophy, Conference 1 & 2, Development), U20 and U18 European Championships and all the 7s Men and Women European competitions, World Cup and Olympics Qualifiers.
Rugby Europe wishes to appoint a Regional Training Manager (RTM), reporting to the Rugby Europe Chief Executive Officer and with a functional link to World Rugby’s Head of Education, Laws and Compliance.
In line with Rugby Europe’s and World Rugby’s Strategic Plans, The Regional Training Manager will play a key role in building the capability and capacity of member unions by managing the delivery of World Rugby’s Training and Education portfolio within the Region.
To do this, they will develop and deploy a suitably qualified regional training workforce of Licenced World Rugby Master Trainers, Trainers and Educators to deliver a needs-based regional training programme and provide support to member unions to enable domestic delivery sustainability.
Regional Association Training & Education:
- Undertake an annual Regional Association training needs analysis.
- Work collaboratively with Rugby Europe’s Rugby Services Manager, Head of Competitions and Head of referees and World Rugby’s Regional Partnership Manager to deliver against regional development investment.
- Develop, deliver, and monitor the regional needs-based training and education plan supported by the training and education allocation of World Rugby’s Development Investment and the RTM operational budget.
- Work collaboratively with the Medical Education Manager and Rugby Europe Player Welfare Committee to ensure medical education and injury prevention programmes are fully integrated into regional plans and regional targets are met.
- Review and update plan on a quarterly basis.
Member union Training and Education:
- Work collaboratively with Rugby Europe Rugby Services Manager, Head of Competitions and Head of referees and World Rugby Partnership Manager to ensure member unions are investing appropriately in training and education.
- Undertake an annual training and education needs analysis for each of the full member unions of the region
- Assist member unions to development and deliver their training and education plan supported by the training and education allocation of World Rugby’s Development Investment
- Work collaboratively with the Medical Education Manager and Rugby Europe Player Welfare Committee to ensure medical education and injury prevention programmes are fully integrated into member union plans and targets are met.
- Review member union’s training plans on an annual basis.
Training and Education Workforce:
- Recruit, train, deploy, and quality assure a regional workforce of Licenced World Rugby Master Trainers, Trainers, and Educators across the current (and future) training and education portfolio
- Collaborate with member unions to develop their delivery workforce to enable self-sufficiency in domestic delivery where appropriate.
World Rugby Training Team:
- Support the development, continued validity, promotion and delivery of World Rugby training and education portfolio through attendance at Regional Training Managers meetings and conferences as requested by World Rugby.
- Assist Rugby Europe and its member unions to maximise funding support for training and education activities from Olympic Solidarity.
- Support the delivery of World Rugby’s High-Performance Academy and Women in Coaching programmes on request.
- Support the delivery of World Academy of Sport programmes for International Federations/International Olympic Committee on request.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Active World Rugby (or equivalent) Licenced Trainer (essential), Master Trainer (desirable).
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within a member union/regional association
- Experience of:
- partnership working
- project management
- budget management
- resource development
- Fluent in English (second language advantageous)
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Facilitating change
- People development
- Strategic thinking/management
- Creating and maintaining networks
- Project management
KEY SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Good team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Results focused
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems
- Ability to work on own initiative in a wide variety of environments
- Ability to cooperate with a wide range of stakeholders
- The position can be remote and based in a European capital with an easy commute to Paris and abundance of direct flights to Paris and main European capitals
- Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations to be sent to email@example.com
- Deadline to apply: January 15th, 2022