Rugby Europe is looking for a Head of Finance & HR.
Rugby Europe is the regional governing body affiliated to World Rugby responsible for the promotion, development, administration and management of international competitions for the 47 member unions across Europe. The association organizes over 80 international games and 20 rugby tournaments each year, among which Men’s fifteen-a-side European Championships (Championship, Trophy, Conference 1 & 2, Development), the Rugby Europe Super Cup club competition, U20 and U18 European Championships and all the 7s Men and Women European competitions, World Cup and Olympics Qualifiers.
Under the responsibility of Rugby Europe Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial and HR Officer will be involved with a fast-growing continental sports organisation. He or she will be working in close collaboration with key executives, Rugby federation and unions and various other stakeholders to contribute to strategic decisions. He or she will be given a unique opportunity to shape the future of European Rugby.
Rugby Europe is a French association registered under law 1901 and wholly owns Rugby Europe Properties, the commercial subsidiary dedicated to the sale of media rights, sponsorship and any other commercial revenues.
- Managing daily bookkeeping activities and processing outgoing/incoming payments (approx. 120 / month) and journal entries accordingly
- Overseeing the grants distribution to National Federations
- Managing the bookkeeping of the travel allowances allocated to Match
- Ensuring accuracy of financial accounts and a smooth monthly closing cycle
- Maintaining and optimizing the organization’s Chart of Accounts
- Prepare the yearly closing and the Annual Financial Statement
- Liaise with the certified public accountant (CPA) for the yearly closing
- Liaise with the CPA for the ad hoc VAT and Tax returns for France tax
- Liaise with the financial auditor for the yearly closing of the Association and Commercial subsidiary
Budget, financial reporting and cash management:
- Contribute to budgeting and reforecast exercise (3-4 times per year March, June, September, December) for all RE entities
- Contribute to strategic thinking on ad hoc topics related to Finance management
- Reflect on cost savings opportunities
- Improve and streamline the payments system especially for Match
- Prepare Financial reporting for World Rugby (2 times per year July and January)
- Managing invoicing and payments from commercial partners
Administration and Human Resources:
- Contribute to the management and follow-up of clients and suppliers’ contracts
- Follow and manage all suppliers’ contracts (phone, IT, Insurance, Headquarters, legal & financial suppliers etc.)
- Prepare employees contracts and amendments (as required)
- Ensure compliance with French labor law, particularly with regard to the national collective agreement for sport
- Managing and overseeing the monthly payroll process and social declarations (via Payfit for > 10 employees);
- Ensure the yearly social declarations (Tax on salaries, Continuous Professional Development Contributions etc.).
- Ability to speak in public in English and French for Board of Directors and Annual General Assembly meetings and present financial reports.
- Ability to lead and animate the Audit and Risks Committee and other Committees (if needed)
- Contribute to ad hoc financial topics pending Committees’ requests.
Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- At least 5+ years of experience in an audit, CPA firm or an international organization
- Strong analytical skills, experience with French GAAP a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and desire to probe further into data
- Proven record of efficiency improvements to existing processes
- Excellent and demonstrated stakeholder management skills and the
- Ability to develop strong working relationships cross- functionally
- Ability to work independently, on own initiative and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage and motivate others
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and enthusiasm for the sport
- Sport organization experience would be a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (Office Package, Payfit, ideally EBP Compta) o Bilingual in French and English
- Sporting experience would be a plus
- Ability to build trustworthy and long-lasting relationships with international stakeholders and National Federations.
If you are interested in the role CLICK HERE for more details.