WOMEN'S FORUM - APPLICATION OPENED
Rugby Europe and World Rugby are organising the first Women’s Rugby International Leadership Forum between the 2nd and 4th of November 2018, in the city of San Lorenzo del Escorial, close to Madrid, Spain.
Group 1: Women who are strong domestic leaders and are already well placed in boards, executive committees in their national federations / union
Group 2: Female sports administrators and identified talents at executive level of their rugby federation who have backing of their board as future leaders.
Group 3: Advocates of change at Board level who seek to develop the women’s game within unions and Rugby Europe. Include Rugby Europe Board (male or female)
- Participants not representing Rugby Europe member Unions will have to cover their own travel expenses and pay a Conference Fee of 355€.
- The Conference Fee includes accommodation from November 2 to Sunday 4.
- The conference Fee includes dinner on November 2nd, breakfast lunch and dinner for November 3 and Breakfast on November 4th.
- Rugby Europe will not provide any financial support for participants that are not officially nominated by a Union Member of Rugby Europe.
- Rugby Europe will review individual all nominations. Rugby Europe will reserve the right to refuse candidates if they do not comply with the "target groups” description.
- The conference will be in English. Translation will not be available.
Day 1 Evening : Arrival of the participants and registration.
Dinner – Networking
08.45 FER-Spanish Rugby Union official welcome
OCTAVIAN MORARIU – PRESIDENT OF RUGBY EUROPE opening
9-9.45 Key Note one – KATIE SADLIER – WORLD RUGBY
- World Rugby Strategy and how is it being implemented around the world.
10-11 Workshop 1
Rugby Europe Plans JOSE GORROTXATEGUI – RUGBY EUROPE
- The Women’s Game in Europe
11.15 – 12.15 Key Note two : Leader’s Panel
Experiences of female leaders: Breaking gender barriers and stereotypes in and outside of sport
Personal experiences breaking gender barriers
Their story : How they did it
What challenges do they continue to face – personally and within sport
13– 14 Workshop 2
What are the barriers to women as leaders and how to tackle them - AMANDA BENNETT , Director FAIR PLAY
Identifying barriers and removing them
14.15 -15.15 Key Note three – HUIBERT BRANDS – DUTCH OLYMPIC COMMITEE
The importance of Diversity . Why do you need women in leadership positions?
15.45 - 16.30 Workshop 3
Developing Diversity “Diversity in Organisations” - HUIBERT BRANDS – DUTCH OLYMPIC COMMITTEE
16.45 – 17
Key note/workshop wrap up
Networking on Best Practise
9 – 10 Key Note four: Opportunities for the Women’s Game
Intro: Developing the Game through women leadership
Marketing and Commercialisation: Why sponsors support Women’s sport – LYNSEY DOUGLAS ( NIELSEN CONSULTING)
Workshop 4 : Action Planning: JASON LEWIS – WORLD RUBGY
What, why, when ?
- Individual Support – World Rugby Scholarships presentation.
- Union Plans - What do you need to do as an action