RECRUITMENT : DIRECTOR OF COMPETITIONS
RUGBY EUROPE Rugby Europe is the administrative body for rugby Unions in Europe.
It was formed in 1934 under the name FIRA to promote, develop, organise and administer the game of rugby in Europe. It became FIRA-AER in 1999 and was rebranded as RUGBY EUROPE in 2014. Rugby Europe is one of six regional governing bodies across the globe and is represented in the World Rugby Council, the international governing body for the sport.
Rugby Europe has 47 Member Unions with close to three million players, almost half of the global playing population. Included in the membership are some of the largest Unions in the world including the Six Nations as well as some of the smallest and this presents both opportunities and challenges.
Throughout the season Rugby Europe runs 20 Tournaments for both Seven’s and XV and over 600 international games. Over the last 12 months Rugby Europe also held close to 1000 training and educations sessions for coaches and referees all around Europe. Rugby Europe is an Association governed by French Laws.
The Rugby Europe’s Director of Competitions has the following missions, under the general policy of Rugby Europe:
- Organization of competitions which support the strategic plan of Rugby Europe and address the needs of Member Unions, under World Rugby objectives and in collaboration with the various Committees (Age Grade, Development, Competitions, Women and Seven):
- Head of Rugby Europe Competitions Department; Management of one Operations Assistant
- Long-term planning of XV and 7 competitions (4-year plan): Men / Women / Adult / U20 / U18
- Management of tender process with host unions
- Management of competitions scheduling submitted to Board of Directors and General Assembly
- Preparing and attending the relevant Rugby Europe Committees where Competitions are discussed
- Competitions Management: planning, operations, site visits, HR, Finance. Monitoring and controlling
- Writing, dissemination and following of various documents: Participating teams manuals, Host Unions agreement and tenders, Participation agreements, day-to-day management documents for on-site and HQ monitoring
- Coordination of activities associated to competitions and respect of protocols : sporting, game protocol, medical protocol, communication, administration, broadcast/streaming, budget.
- Designation: Tournament Directors, and in collaboration with Head of Referees : Referees, Referee supervisors, Commissioners, Citing Commissioners
- Post-competition review and analysis: sporting, operations, finance and marketing analysis
- Preparation of annual budget of RE Competitions in collaboration with Finance Department
- Proposition of competitions evolutions including their financial model
- Minimum of 5-to-7 year experience in organizing and directing international sports competitions
- Team sports / rugby background preferred
- Ability to team work in highly diversified and complex environment
- Ambitious and innovative leader, strong negotiations and project leading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual French / English, European citizen
- Computer literate, notably with pack Office 365
- Position based in Paris, numerous travels in Europe
- Reporting to CEO of Rugby Europe
- Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations to be sent to [email protected]
- Deadline to apply: April 12th, 2019