RUGBY EUROPE VOTING PROCESS FOR RWC2023 BID
A democratic process has been decided for Rugby Europe Vote
As decided during Rugby Europe Congress in Luxembourg (June 30th & July 1st 2017), a democratic process will be organized to choose the country for which Rugby Europe will vote during next World Rugby Council (2 votes).
Each union’s representative will be invited to express his opinion on the R.W.C. 2023 Bid by a secret electronic voting from November 2nd 2017 at 9am to November 7th 2017 at 2pm.
This vote is a great moment of democracy for our Regional Association for at least four reasons:
- It is the will of Rugby Europe’s Governance to ensure a fair and consistent approach to the decision-making process and make the vote as transparent as possible. This democratic process is a proof of good Governance and a pledge of modernity;
- This approach leaves the opportunity for Rugby Europe members to express themselves holding all the cards to make their decision, meaning:
- After the independent Sport Consultancy mandated by World Rugby has given its report on the different applications based on objective criteria’s;
- After “The Rugby World Cup Board” made its recommendation on October 31st, 2017.
- As a sport Rugby is very fortunate to count 3 high quality bids for the RWC 2023, among which European ones, thus increasing the chances for Europe to host the Rugby World Cup again after the tremendous 2015 edition in England.
- It will be the first time Rugby Europe experiment the electronic voting and all unions want it to be a success. To turn this first into a victory and for the legitimacy of the winner Rugby Europe expect a high participation rate from its unions members.
The vote will be supervised by neutral independent scrutineers. Results will be kept secret and internal to the association.
World Rugby Evaluation report : https://www.worldrugby.org/news/291551
LAST NEWS - Training and Educations Managers gathered in Paris